A Call for Research Collaboration at AYLIEN 2017
At Aylien we are using recent advances in Artificial Intelligence to try to understand natural language. Part of what we do is building products such as our Text Analysis API and News API to help people extract meaning and insight from text. We are also a research lab, conducting research that we believe will make valuable contributions to the field of Artificial Intelligence, as well as driving further product development (take a look at the research section of our blog to see some of our interests).
We are delighted to announce a call for applications from academic researchers who would like to collaborate with our talented research team as part of the Science Foundation Ireland Industry Fellowship programme. For researchers, we feel that this is a great opportunity to work in industry with a team of talented scientists and engineers, with the resources and infrastructure to support your work.
We are especially interested in collaborating on work in these areas (but we’re open to suggestions):
- Representation Learning
- Domain Adaptation and Transfer Learning
- Sentiment Analysis
- Question Answering
- Dialogue Systems
- Entity and Relation Extraction
- Topic Modeling
- Document Classification
- Taxonomy Inference
- Document Summarization
- Machine Translation
A notable change from the previous requirements for the SFI Industry Fellowship programme is that you are now also eligible to apply if you hold a PhD awarded by an Irish university (wherever you are currently living). You can work with us under this programme if you are:
- a faculty or postdoctoral researcher currently working in an eligible Irish Research Body;
- a postdoctoral researcher having held a research contract in an eligible Irish Research Body; or
- the holder of a PhD awarded by an Irish Research Body.
The project allows for an initial duration of 12 months full-time work, but this can be spread over up to 24 months at part-time, depending on what suits you. We also hope to continue collaboration afterwards. The total funding available from the SFI is €100,000.
The final application date is July 6th 2017, but as we will work with you on the application, we encourage you to get in touch as soon as possible if you are interested.
- A faculty or postdoctoral position at an eligible Irish Research Body, a previous research contract in an eligible Irish Research Body, or a PhD awarded by an Irish Research Body (in the areas of science, engineering or mathematics).
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language, and general software engineering skills (experience with version control systems, debugging, testing, etc.).
- The ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
Nice to haves:
- An advanced knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and its subfields.
- A solid background in Machine Learning.
- Experience with the scientific Python stack: NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, etc.
- Experience with Deep Learning.
- Good understanding of language and linguistics.
- Experience with non-English NLP.
About the Research Team at AYLIEN
We are a team of research scientists and research engineers that includes both PhDs and PhD students, who work in an open and transparent way.
If you join us, you will get to work with a seasoned engineering team that will allow you to take successful algorithms from prototype into production. You will also have the opportunity to work on many technically challenging problems, publish at conferences, and contribute to the development of state-of-the-art Deep Learning and natural language understanding applications.
We work primarily on Deep Learning with TensorFlow and the rest of the the scientific Python stack (Numpy, SciPy, scikit-learn, etc.).
How to apply
Please send your CV with a brief introduction to email@example.com, and be sure to include links to any code or publications that are publicly available.